SEPT. 2025
THE STAFF TEAM
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 157 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:03 am
Credits
Ties of Magic was created by Katie. Site graphics were created by Xaria. Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY Forum plots and characters belong to the members. The Harry Potter universe belongs to J.K. Rowling. No copyright infringement intended.
Affiliates

visit Forumotion

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Royal Learning ( Open )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Royal Learning ( Open ) Empty Royal Learning ( Open )

Post by Cora Shaw Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:07 am

Cora had been trying to find ways to ease her mind for the summer, since sure she enjoyed the students, but her own children tended to be a handful in her mind. Even though she loved them with all her heart, she had sometimes wanted peace. Which in many cases meant she wanted to go visit London, since she found London tended to make her smile with beauty it brought with her, and the people she would meet and she would also be considered noticed since her family had been rather rich, and she tended to remember the times she went with Elias to London to wind down from their children.

As she soon been walking down the streets of London, in a stripped dress which had looked nice, a pair of light pink high heels, and she had a necklace which she had bought weeks prior, and she wore a bracelet. . Which led Cora to smile as she walked down them and soon she saw Buckingham palace, as she soon smiled and went their since she enjoyed going on tours their and watching royalty or watching noble people there.

Soon leaving the fifty-one year old to walk in and as she looked at the place with a smile, and soon wondering if anyone would be willing to join her in listening to the history.
wrath
Cora Shaw
Handler :
Katie
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
Alumni
Hogwarts Headmistress
gif/image :
Royal Learning ( Open ) Tumblr_inline_nxrtzpj7wU1sj4xno_500
Cora Shaw

Back to top Go down

Royal Learning ( Open ) Empty Re: Royal Learning ( Open )

Post by Hydra Lam Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:37 pm

Hydra had decided to go to the Muggle world and do some sightseeing. I should've just done this over a century ago, she thought as she exited a store after buying a few granola bars and a disposable camera. Looking around, she began walking throughout the area to see if there would be anything interesting to check out and attempt to photograph. Hydra bit her lip and decided to take a picture of a tree to test it out. "I guess it works," she said to herself slightly shaking the camera. Shrugging, she looked up and spotted Buckingham Palace. Been a while since she had seen that building, so it was nice to see it still up. Hydra decided to might as well get a tour of it or something and put the camera to some use other than testing it out. Seeing a woman she walked over to her. "Is this where the tours are or something for Buckingham Palace are?" she asked.
wrath
Hydra Lam
Handler :
Xaria
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
5th year
student
gif/image :
Royal Learning ( Open ) 04e08479ce78fef328f01cdf23ec6876a5304bd7_hq
Hydra Lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora Shaw Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:13 pm

Cora had been enjoying looking at the lovely painting which had managed to be placed in Buckingham Palace, and she wondered how much it took to get everything placed in the palace. Even though she had been an English socialite she still had no clue how many things managed to be placed in as she looked with a smile on her face. As she soon continued walking enjoying the time to freedom of herself which included not having to deal with her children. The lady knew that every mother needed peace, as she looked and smiled as she soon heard someone come up behind her which caused Cora to turn.

" You are in the right place dear, I am Cora by the way, Cora Shaw. " she said extending her hand in greeting. As Cora looked she wondered if this girl looked familiar to her, leaving her to think and she said. " Do you go to Hogwarts dear? " as she crossed her arms. Wondering if this girl was familiar as she looked and she had also not wanted to put it out there who she was. Well truly anyone who managed to live in England knew exactly who the Shaws were.

wrath
Cora Shaw
Handler :
Katie
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
Alumni
Hogwarts Headmistress
gif/image :
Cora Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydra Lam Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:56 pm

She bit her lip waiting for a response from an older woman. "I'm, um, Desiree," Hydra responded back nervously shaking the other's hand. "Well, that's the name I go by as it's my middle name. It's good to know that I'm in, um, the right spot," she commented giving a shy smile. Hearing the question, she answered, "I will beginning this fall. I only moved to the area recently." Well, that wasn't exactly true seeing as how majority of the time she was living by herself in a forest. She fidgeted around with her disposable camera as she went to take a pic of the palace from her angle. "I sure hope these turn out well. I'd be pretty upset if they end up coming out bad."
wrath
Hydra Lam
Handler :
Xaria
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
5th year
student
gif/image :
Hydra Lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora Shaw Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:08 pm

Cora had enjoyed meeting new people since it helped her move on from what had happened, as she soon looked with a smile. Since the girl she was talking to was a kind girl, which had been aside from the English socialites and aristocrats, which Cora had known her entire life from coming a wealthy background and having all the money in the world, and soon she smiled. " Well it is nice to meet you Desiree, since it is always good to meet new people. Since getting to know the world is very important for people to know growing up. Knowing who your dealing with is a fact of life I think, and I am glad too, since this place has history. " smiled Cora.

" After all the royal family does live here. " smiled Cora, since she was not going to say she was one of England's most powerful features, and hoped no one would notice her. Then soon she looked and she said, " That is amazing, before you find out yourself, I am the Transfigurations professor at Hogwarts, and my daughter is the headmistress, and I am guaranteed you will like it Desiree " since she loved when new students came to the school, since she knew that Hogwarts was an amazing school.

Then soon she looked, and said " Perhaps when you get there I can have one of my children help you, since I am sure they will be willing too, after all helping people is a very good thing to do. " said Cora with a smile. She had already been beginning to like this girl as she soon smiled, and she said " Indeed, since pictures last longer than memories, since you can just revisit them by looking and when its a bad photo it does not give us memories. " smiled the women.

" The stuff here are generally in good condition as well. " smiled Cora.
wrath
Cora Shaw
Handler :
Katie
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
Alumni
Hogwarts Headmistress
gif/image :
Cora Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydra Lam Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:08 am

"Nice to meet you too. I'm usually pretty shy when it come to meeting new people, especially in an area that I'm not really familiar with," she replied in a soft tone of voice. Hydra was familiar with the area just not the people as it had been centuries after all, so all the Muggles she'd seen are most likely dead by now. "That'd be nice. I don't really know anybody around here after all, so help of some sort would be nice." Photos last longer than memories? She's been around longer than photography and decided to immediately label that statement as BS in her mind. "It really is, especially since it's probably been centuries since some of the things around here existed."
wrath
Hydra Lam
Handler :
Xaria
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
5th year
student
gif/image :
Hydra Lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora Shaw Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:04 am

Cora let out a smile at the girl named Desiree as she soon looked, and she said. " I think one can say were all usually shy when were in a new place, due to the fact that we feel strange and not knowing people can be tough. " smiled Cora. One could truly say Cora loved giving words of wisdom and helping others, it just was in her nature to do that. Since she was brought up to do that, and being able to show others that and soon she smiled. " Well I can have my daughter Autumn help you, since she is one who loves to help others, and I am sure you and her would get along quite perfectly. " smiled Cora.

Soon she looked and let out a smile, and she thought about things. As well as how it felt getting to know students, and helping them out and having them feel as comfortable as anyone can be in a world like this. " It most definitely has been, since London had some many things happen one being the blitz during World War II, and it is truly amazing seeing how Queen Elizabeth has fixed it, well truly doesn't help that the Brexit happened, but still aside from that the beauty of London is simply amazing. " smiled Cora.

" Probably has and in the world of magic, there are still people who have existed for centures, which the muggles here do not know. Which is also quite amazing. Even though I am not one, but there are those who are. Which is truly amazing how one could live to see all the change in the world, and how some manage to adapt to the life quite well. " smiled Cora. Then soon she looked, and said " I can tell you that you will enjoy England since it has so much history to it. " smiled Cora.
wrath
Cora Shaw
Handler :
Katie
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
Alumni
Hogwarts Headmistress
gif/image :
Cora Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydra Lam Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Hydra gave a small smile. "It really is, especially when you've moved to a place nothing like the home you're used to," she commented. "She does sound quite nice based off of what you told me. I'm sure she'll help me feel welcome to school this fall." It was quite amazing what being immortal with aging stopped at a young age could do in situations like these; for all she knew, it might be key to live some sort of normal life away from vampire society. "I heard about the Brexit. It just stuns me how hatred is still a big thing to this day. Weren't we supposed to move on from that anyway?" So, things in that sense haven't improved much to her disdain. Hearing the part about those who have existed for centuries, all she could do was think about how she was one of them and how that was quite surreal. Although it made her a bit sad because she missed out on the entirety of the 20th century out of concerns for her own safety. "I'm sure I will," she said with a smile.
wrath
Hydra Lam
Handler :
Xaria
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
5th year
student
gif/image :
Hydra Lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora Shaw Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:36 am

Cora let out a smile as she soon looked, and she said " Indeed it is. " smiled Cora with a smile. Then soon she looked, and she smiled again and she said. " Then as time goes on you get used to it. " smiled Cora. Since she knew that even though she lived in England her entire life, she still managed to know how it felt starting off fresh and everything when you know no one . Then letting out a grin, she said, " Out of all my children she is probably the most friendliest aside from my oldest daughter. " smiled Cora.

She knew how her children worked, and she soon looked and she said " I can promise you she will help you. Since my younger daughter is too full of herself to help others, which tends to drive me nuts. Which means my older daughter will help you, and I promise you will know Hogwarts by the palm of your hand. " said Cora with a smile. Soon looking and she said. " I know it is horrible since people should just get along, it would truly make the world a better place. " said Cora with a smile.

Since she knew kindness got others farther then harming others, and she soon looked, and said " Yes but some people truly refuse to move on from things since they want to remember it or have other remember what they done wrong. " said Cora since she knew how the world worked living on it for fifty-one years. Smiling again and she said. " I hope you do. ".
wrath
Cora Shaw
Handler :
Katie
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
Alumni
Hogwarts Headmistress
gif/image :
Cora Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydra Lam Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:03 pm

"I don't know how long it'll take me to be adjusted, but I'm sure once I am, I will be able to find places outside of major landmarks easily," Hydra stated giving a small smile. "That's always good to know. I could always go to them for help if I have any questions." She hoped the two girls were really as kind as Cora was describing them; it'd be so disappointing if they weren't. At least none of them had no clue of her actual past. She'd have no clue what to do if she were to ever get caught. "Maybe everyone will be happy and at peace one day. I wish to be able to see that day if it ever does happen."
wrath
Hydra Lam
Handler :
Xaria
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
5th year
student
gif/image :
Hydra Lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Cora Shaw Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:43 am

Cora had looked at the student, and she smiled. " It doesn't matter how long as long as you are adjusted, and that's is very true, and after that it should all be a piece of cake. " smiled Cora. When it came to knowing her students, she wanted to know them, and have a trusting relationship so that they would not be afraid of asking her anything, and sometimes a women needed a break from their children, even though her upper class years had her children in it which she tended to be quite strict with since she did not want her children screwing up, even though she had a weird feeling they would be.

" I promise you they are, since all my children have the ability to help. Only some actually manage to use that, since I hopefully raised them well enough to do well. " sighed Cora. Since she had been having a feeling that her children were about to make a mistake which would not be good, and soon she had tried her best to forget about it as she sighed. Then soon she looked, and she said. " Yeah hopefully, and your not alone I am hoping to see that day as well. " said Cora.

Which soon leading her to look, " Since people have managed to screw it up, and one can hope we can see the change in our lifetime. " said Cora with a sigh.
wrath
Cora Shaw
Handler :
Katie
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
Alumni
Hogwarts Headmistress
gif/image :
Cora Shaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydra Lam Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:02 pm

She it her lip fidgeting around with the camera. "That's good. I know how some people can be when it comes to people unfamiliar with the area after moving around with my family so many times," Hydra responded. Hydra felt as though she was doing a pretty good job of coming up with some sort of backstory. Muggles and everyday wizarding folk wouldn't even really recognize her which came as huge help to her; it allowed to be in hiding without actually being isolated from all of the technologies she had missed out on. All that really id tell her that she took her fear way too far over more than the past century. "Teenagers like rebelling. I'd know from being one myself from time to time," she commented with a small chuckle. "I just hope that day will actually happen. At times, it feels as as though it won't ever come."
wrath
Hydra Lam
Handler :
Xaria
Blood Status :
Pureblood
School :
Hogwarts
Year :
5th year
student
gif/image :
Hydra Lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top